Good wine and good food have always gone hand in hand. Guests of this dinner party could not have found a better place to enjoy both. Three chefs prepared a special menu and the Tri-City Sommeliers took care of wine pairing.
On January 31, a special dinner was held at Tłusta Kaczka restaurant in Gdynia. The stars of the evening were the best wines, but excellent food was served too. Magdalena Świątkowska, chef of Tłusta Kaczka, together with chefs Jacek Koprowski (Fino and Osteria Fino) and Krzysztof Konieczny (Osteria Fino) prepared an amazing 8-course dinner which was paired with 9 drinks.
Although the dinner tickets costed 2,000 zlotys it was the guests themselves who inspired this concept. They wanted to try the outstanding wines that were chosen especially for that evening. The organizers admitted that the selection process was not simple and required a lot of consultations. However, eventually the glasses were filled with iconic wines, the best representatives of the given kinds. The oldest wine was from 1959, it was served with the main course, deer. The evening started with a glass of the legendary Krug champagne and our Oscietra caviar. We have heard that it was this very duo that encouraged some of the guests to attend the dinner. Indeed, it is hard to find a better pairing for champagne than Russian sturgeon caviar, which has a subtle but rich flavor that develops as the pearls melt on the palate…
- Krug, Grande Cuvée NV + Antonius Caviar Oscietra 5*
- Domaine Bonneau du Martray (Pernand-Vergelesses), Grand Cru Corton Charlemagne, 1998 + scallops
- Ridge Vineyards, Monte Bello Chardonnay, Santa Cruz Mountains, 2013 + monkfish
- Tenuta San Guido, Sassicaia, rocznik 2009 + tartare and truffles
- Château Haut-Brion, Premier Grand Cru Classé Pessac-Léognan, 1998 + duck
- Château Mouton Rothschild, Premier Grand Cru Classé Pauillac, 1985 + pigeon and foie gras
- Marqués de Murrieta, Castillo Ygay Gran Reserva Especial Rioja, 1959 + deer
- Egon Müller, Scharzhofberger Riesling Auslese Mosel Saar Ruwer, 1997 + white chocolate and gold dessert
- Rémy Martin Louis XIII cognac
We really hope that this concept will continue, and guests of the next dinners will discover new, surprising pairings. We already know very well that our caviar goes perfectly not only with good champagne, but we never stop enjoying the tastings…